My Midnight Treat

It's almost midnight (Thursday) and my day is finally coming to an end. I've homeschooled, cooked, washed clothes, washed dishes, disciplined, laughed, sighed, cheered at a basketball game, swept, folded clothes, cleaned out a closet, made a gift basket, delivered the gift basket, baked cookies, collected receipts for taxes, watched the news, exercised, blogged, blog browsed, talked on the phone, screened phone calls, chatted with Jehovah Witnesses in my garage, went to the library, ran a few errands, and....uh...I'm too tired to remember anything else.

The highlight of my day? Enjoying a midnight bowl of Crispy Rice, which is the Ralston Recession version of Rice Krispies. Hearing nothing but the generic snap,crackle, and pop of my little crispies delivered a sense of perfect peace I haven't felt all day.

Ahhhh...finally...I can hear myself think - I can breathe slowly - I can bask in the peace and quiet that soothes my soul at the end of the day.

This was my treat for having a productive day and a celebration of the closing of the day. This mental de-stressing is something I do to help me unwind and mentally prepare to wake up and do it all over again.

You know what? I do believe that's all she wrote. Goodnight... well, it's already a new day, so Good Morning to you and have another great day in Motherhood!