How Deep Is Your Love?

Last night, while watching a favorite program, The Apprentice, I was enthralled with the interaction Dennis Rodman was having with his team members. Mr. Rodman has a reputation of being difficult to work with and quite independent. During the show, Dennis had an explosive confrontation with someone, but later returned to offer his full support to the team. He acted as if nothing happened. The project manager chose not to include Dennis in the completion of the task for obvious reasons.

I would love to have the opportunity to interact with Dennis Rodman; talk about a challenge! He would probably eat me alive, but as a woman striving to show the love of God in all my actions, would I have been able to humble myself and forgive Dennis for his destructive actions and rude comments? Better yet, let me bring this situation home - all the way home. Am I able to love my own husband when he says something I don't like? Am I able to love him while he's having a bad day and not so lovable? Am I able to love my husband if my love isn't returned? Am I able to look beyond his faults and see him with the eyes of Jesus? Am I able to out-serve him day after day?

This weekend, I also watched the movie Fireproof for the second time, and I'm convinced that showing love has got to be the most difficult thing to do. We know marriage requires long suffering, but so does every relationship we encounter. Oh sure! It's easy to love when the relationship is right, but can I love difficult people? How about unruly children that aren't my own? How about other women with personalities that don't 'click' with mine? Hmmm... These are the practical tests that reveal the carnality of my heart and mind.

Yep! I did some heart and soul searching this weekend. The depth of my love is weighed when stormy winds blow - when personalities conflict - when moods swing - when I'm rubbed the wrong way. What a way to begin the week! I'm sure God is preparing me for many opportunities to reveal what I'm really made of.

Whether you answer to the Bee Gees or to God, ask yourself...How Deep Is Your Love?

I Peter 4:8 (NKJV)
And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”