Thank God it's Monday!

Finally, Monday has arrived! I was so happy to start another work week, I could hardly contain my excitement. All weekend, I waited for Monday like a child waiting for Christmas. The beginning of another demanding week brings a smile to my face! Okay, let me stop before I lose you. I don’t really feel this way about Mondays, but I have to aggressively tackle the hum-drums before they tackle me. I know my thoughts control my actions, so my performance and productivity is a direct reflection of my mind-set. Wouldn’t it be nice to cheerfully spring out of bed each Monday, do a few jumping jacks, and say, “Thank God, it’s Monday!” I chuckle when I imagine this. Yes, even the thought is funny, but it’s what God desires. Not necessarily the jumping jacks, but a cheerful spirit for a new day. Every day we awake breathing should be enough to bring us joy. Monday is the beginning of…new beginnings! This Monday could be our last, so let’s live it with joy, hope, and thanksgiving. Together, let’s thank God for Monday.

Heavenly Father, I thank you for this new Monday. I thank you for another chance to bring you glory as the woman, wife, and Mother you created me to be. Infuse me with your Holy Spirit. Take control of my thoughts, my emotions, and my actions. Fill me with your love, your joy, and your peace. Order my steps as I let go and let you have your way with me and through me. Thank you for Monday and everyday. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Psalm 118:24 (NKJV)
This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.