I'm Not There Yet

MOMSWEB has given me an awesome avenue to share how God works in my busy life. Sharing my sometimes painful pruning experiences helps us realize we are not alone on our journey to be Christ-controlled wives and mothers. One of the most popular responses I receive, whether in speaking engagements or through email is, “I’m not there yet.” Well, I’m not there either, but I know someone who is…Jesus! The minute we accepted Jesus in our life, we were infused with His power. No, I don’t have the patience to homeschool my two sons, but God does. No, I don’t have the energy to be a supportive, passionate helpmate - everyday, but God does. No, I don’t have the oomph to cook and clean all the time, but God does. No, I don’t have the discipline to hold my tongue, but God does. No, I don’t have the determination to exercise my temple on a daily basis, but God does. I’ve learned surrendering my Self is the answer to becoming one with Christ. My carnal thoughts stifle the Spirit from having His way with me and through me. My messy mind hinders my obedience. Denying myself allows me to be there – right where God wants me…as an empty vessel. Let’s stop recognizing the things we can’t do and acknowledge that we have the power to do all God requires of us as wives and mothers. If God can work through my selfishness, pride, uncontrolled tongue, and my many other issues, He can do it for you! We may not be there, but God is, and He’s waiting to unleash the power within us. Acknowledge the power of God and let Him have his way today and everyday!

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.