The Prince of Peace

Saturday morning as I sat in my car waiting for my sons’ flag football games to begin, I observed a mother of four completely stressed out, drinking coffee, and smoking cigarettes. She was doing all she could to keep her young children in order and was doing a great job at it. I have difficult moments with my two children and can’t imagine having four; I began praying for her. It was only eight in the morning and she had the whole day ahead of her. Lord, have mercy. Although observing her was like watching an action packed movie, it was probably second nature for her. I wanted to help her, yet remembered I had three football games ahead of me and was in no position to help anyone else, so I didn’t. Christmas came to mind and how appropriate it would be to share the Prince of Peace with the many hurried and frazzled Mothers I’ll come in contact with. So many Mothers are counting pennies to buy presents, looking for part-time jobs for the holidays, over decorating, and splurge spending. The seasoned Mothers who have gone through these early Motherhood moments should share words of wisdom and I should have shared with the Mother of four I observed. I’m sure I’ll see her again on the field and when I do, I will. Who wouldn’t benefit from hearing comforting words about the Prince of Peace? Who doesn’t want peace in their life? What Mother doesn’t want her peace of mind? Because this beautiful season can be hidden with the busyness of the season, we can easily miss the priceless gift of peace. Let’s give the gift of peace this Christmas – the Prince of Peace.