Already?

I walked into a store yesterday and signs were up for Valentine's Day. Already? Good grief, can we get our Christmas decorations down? My goodness! The sign reminded me of a child always asking "What are we going to do now?" "What's next?" Do we ever just enjoy the present moment? Do we always have to look ahead at what's next to keep us satisfied and interested in life? People are already talking about plans for the New Year. Stop this train and let me off! It's going toooo fast for me! This coming weekend, my family is having an after Christmas Gathering in Alabama and while I was at my parent's home for Christmas, everyone kept asking if I was coming back for the gathering. My answer was, "That's my plan." Only God knows what He has planned for me this weekend - tomorrow - even today! Taking one day at a time sure does relieve the pressure of commitments and scheduling. Yes, planning is necessary, but God orders our steps. Soooo, back to the Valentine's Day signs...we may not be here in February, so let's LOVE TODAY!