Be Still

I was trying hard to prevent busyness in my life this wonderful month of December, yet it isn’t working. It’s funny how December calls for more of our time and attention. I become irritable when I’m swamped with the stuff of life because my main concern is making sure everything I do is ordered by God. I attempt to avoid my plate being full of self served actions and events, yet I’m not always successful. The weekend was so busy for me I felt like I was running ahead of Jesus and waiting for Him to catch up with me. I couldn’t wait to get in the presence of God this morning to just sit and listen. It was time to be still. No television, no radio, and no people in my ear…I only wanted to hear the voice of my Heavenly Father. I need Him to order my steps, guide me, lead me, and help me to stay focused on Him as I prepare for another week. This time of being still and listening helped to renew my mind and review my priorities. I feel refreshed and empowered to do what I’m called to do as a wife, mother, and every other hat I wear. It’s easy to forget who is in control as we schedule meetings and plan activities. Thank God for the mind to stop, be still, and know God is in control of my life today and everyday!

Psalm 46:10 (NKJV)

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!