Specifics or Not?

Bookmark and Share

I had a telephone conversation with a good friend of mine yesterday. We had a lot of catching up to do, so we circled around our lives in conversation and of course the subject of men came up. I mentioned how happy and content I was being by myself and didn’t want anyone complicating my life. She replied by saying she met someone to complicate her life and she was happy. We both laughed and she proceeded to tell me about her new man. Married before, she said she removed all personal stipulations she had and allowed God to send her who He wanted her to have. She’s a tall woman and was even open to dating someone much shorter and race was not an issue for her. From the tone of her voice, her new man definitely sounds like a blessing. He treats her like no other man has, and he cooks which she does not. I asked her to send me a picture and I was convinced. They look like a match made in heaven.


My lesson in this? No, I’m not praying for a man nor do I desire one, but my lesson was in prayer. Of course prayer is a personal thing, yet sometimes we tell God what we want, when we want it, and how we want it. Some of us have been taught to pray with specifics. Do we not trust God enough to know that He already knows the desires of our heart and He knows what’s best for us? It doesn’t matter what we’re praying for, we really don’t have a clue what we really need in our life. Please continue to pray as you feel led, this was my life lesson and my prayer will continue to be…Lord, have your way. Why? Because I’m clueless about what I want or need. I’ll leave the specifics to my Omniscience God.