The Secret Place

Bookmark and Share

I used to wake up every morning and make a point to spend time with God. I’d grab my Bible, read a few verses, pray, and start my day. I realized it’s not about starting my day with God in prayer, but it’s about living my day with God in prayer. Please don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying I don’t start my day with God. I definitely acknowledge my Helper, my Keeper, my Light, but If I awake late or something happens to prevent me from reading my Bible, it’s okay because I now know having a constant awareness of God throughout the day is more helpful to me than making sure I punch the clock with Him every morning. Now, when I awake, I rest still in my bed for a while just allowing God to speak to me. 

Another thing, I realized is that I talk too much! I’m learning to shut-up and listen to my Father speak. This quietness, the stillness, the oneness leads me to that secret place where no one can interrupt, disturb, or shake… because it’s deep within me. The secret place is where He shares His wisdom, His light, His love…Himself. The secret place is where I grow without effort, where my talents stretch without thought, where I’m strengthened without tribulation, and where His love transcends without me getting in the way. 

Yes, reaching the secret place takes practice, but the more I practice, the easier it is to reach and remain there – throughout the day, not just in the morning. Just thinking about the secret place gives me peace. That’s just how powerful it is. Have you found the secret place? If not, be still…