My Life

Bookmark and Share



I spoke with a woman over the phone who was interested in publishing her poetry. We talked for a while and I asked her to tell me a little about herself. She said she had never been married and had no children. We met over the weekend and our time together was a blessing to me.  Not having a husband or children opened this woman’s life up to challenges and struggles I couldn’t identify with. She was an older woman and said she didn’t want to be an “old maid,” but after living alone for so many years, she accepted it and she’s fine with her life. I shared a little of my past married life with children and at the end of our meeting we laughed and shared gratefulness for our own life. 

God knows what’s best for us. He knows specifically what people to allow in our life and the level of necessary adversities to occur. It’s easy to compare our life with someone else’s, but the grass is never greener on the other side.  Life is a game and we have to play the hand we were dealt and not be trumped by looking at someone else’s hand. In spite of everything I’ve gone through, the good and the seemingly not-so-good, I’m thankful for my life and I LOVE it! Things aren’t perfect, but I’m at peace. No matter what hand we’ve been dealt, someone is wishing they could be in our shoes. Don’t believe it? Turn on the news. 

As I look over my life, I’m so doggone thankful for all I’ve been through and I’m even more grateful that my Savior has been with me every step of the way. He’s the Keeper of my mind, body, and soul. He’s the Keeper of my life…He is my life and I’m just fine!