Love Your Work?

Bookmark and Share

While resting in bed this morning, I thanked the people way back in the 1800’s who decided to make Labor Day a holiday. It felt sooo good to snuggle with my pillow and read with absolutely nowhere to go and no place to be. This is rare for me, and although I’ll do some work with my publishing company later, it doesn’t feel like work because it’s what I enjoy doing.  If I could wake up every day and do one thing for work, it would be to write. What about you? 

Steve Jobs said it best. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” I can’t imagine waking up every morning for the rest of my life and doing something I don’t enjoy. This is probably why so many people are miserable – they aren’t doing what they enjoy or aren’t with someone they enjoy. I know, I’ve been there. 

Life is wonderful because it offers the opportunity to change and make choices. It takes courage to step out and try new things. It also takes faith to believe in ourselves and trust all our gifts, talents, and abilities our Heavenly Father equipped us with. I remind my sons all the time that they have one life – use it or lose it. Time goes by too fast to not enjoy what you’re doing. Now, if I can get a couple of horses and a log cabin home on a couple of acres, I’m set, but for right now, I’m happy with my writing. Happy Labor Day!