Stir It Up!

This morning after praying with my prayer partner, I made the comment that we have the Spirit of the living, majestic G.O.D. living inside us. Can you imagine this for a minute? The same God that created the heavens and the universe left us with His Spirit and it resides in us. It’s almost scary when you really think about it. We have the power of a living God inside us. There is no need for us to ever be in a position that we are overwhelmed with the cares of this world or living without direction and peace of mind. The Spirit of an omnipotent God rests within us and maybe that’s the problem – it’s resting. We don’t use the Spirit enough or maybe we don’t know how to use it. He sits dormant and waits to be stirred up while we whine, cry, and pray for God’s help. He gave us His Spirit – can He give us anything more?

I know I probably use just a fraction of His power in me, but when I awoke this morning, I realized something. I had been sleeping for almost eight hours, so of course my organs and brain needed time to realize they weren’t working in sleep mode anymore. I even drank some water to help my brain cells and organs get in gear. I slowly felt my mind and energy being renewed. The same is with the Spirit of God living in us. We have to activate it or it will simply rest – all day. The power is waiting for us to stir it up with prayer and praise. If not, His Spirit will be in rest mode and we will be spiritually weary all day. We have power! Supernatural power! Wake the power up! Stir the power up! Live in the Spirit of God and have a successful, productive week!