Best Part of Waking Up...



 I woke up with a jingle for coffee in my head. I believe it’s a Folgers commercial and it says, “The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup!” I’m not a coffee drinker, I’m a tea girl, but the catchy, coffee jingle took me somewhere I’d like to stay. It’s the first part of the jingle that spoke to me. The best part of waking up…Hmmm…in my mind, the best part of waking up is realizing I’m awake.

 I don’t need to go through the rest of the day to find out what kind of day I’ll have because the best part is waking up. Can the day get any better? When I think about the alternative to waking up, it makes me want to shout! I’m here another day in spite of my mess on yesterday. Thank you, Lord! 

It’s a new day that I haven’t seen before and as it unwraps itself, I dare not complain about the light afflictions that will try to steal my focus. I dare not allow OPP, other people’s problems, to create drag in my day. I dare not waste time thinking about yesterday’s issues and miss out on the blessings of today. I dare not allow trash thoughts to suffocate my peaceful thoughts of the gift of life. Oh yes, the best part of my day is definitely waking up! No doubt, there are guaranteed traps and snares set to try to ruin my day, so how do I plan to maintain this joyful mindset? There is only one way…by staying connected to my Creator. 

The second half of the jingle just came to me, but I have my own words. The best part of waking up, is Jesus in my life! Now that’s a jingle! May you have a marvelous Monday and enjoy the best part of waking up!