I am Woman!

When God created woman, He created an extraordinary being. I have to remind myself of this from time to time – especially during that glorious time of the month. I’m sure God has a deeper, more meaningful motive for what we call a “curse.” Month after month I try to embrace the physical sign of my womanhood, yet only despise her monthly appearance.

A woman is the only animal that bleeds for more than three days and is not taken to the hospital. We’re given a huge band-aid or a plug and told to carry on! From a very young age, a girl has to learn to deal with this monthly inconvenience for almost forty years of her life. While some women take advantage of ways to avoid our common relative, Aunt Flo, I’ve tolerated her undesirable visits and anxiously look forward to her final stage call. Yeah, I know the Bible says to be anxious for nothing, but this one thing…I’m anxious for! My periodic night sweats and frightening bouts of forgetfulness and fatigue are reminders of the looong stretch to menopause.

For those with young girls, I hope you can welcome your daughters into womanhood with some type of celebration instead of the boring presentation of the pad. For women facing peri-menopause, prepare your bodies for the change by taking care of your temple – your body will treat you like you’ve treated it over the years.

Women are strong beings. We have the ability to multi-task, endure pain, heartache, and meet the daily, demanding challenges of our family with no thought of ourselves. As a mother, minimum sick days are allowed, and the family appears dysfunctional without us. Our physical changes throughout our seasons of womanhood are small indications of being a woman, but the mere fact that we were created by an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God is enough for us to say…”I am Woman!”

Genesis 2:22 (NLT)
Then the Lord God made a woman....

Bookmark and Share