Teens and Texting - Part II


I am so grateful for the many comments and suggestions I received regarding Tuesday's post on Firstborn's texting overcharges. I value the opinions of mothers who have been there, done that, and are wearing the t-shirt of experience. Thank you! For those who haven't reached the teen years, take notes; your season is coming!

Before I could deal with Firstborn, God had to deal with me and I received two lessons. My first lesson was on mercy. I was reminded of the mercy God showed me through AT&T. The $300 in overcharges were removed from my bill with no questions asked. Am I able to extend this same unwarranted measure of mercy?

My second lesson was a reminder of a scripture I was given a few years ago to help me understand children. I read the scripture in several translations and they basically say the same thing. The Message Bible's translation really captured my attention.

Proverbs 22:15 - Young people are prone to foolishness and fads; the cure comes through tough-minded discipline.

Need I say more? Children WILL do foolish things; this is a promise to parents with a reminder not to compromise our role and authority as parents.

I think Firstborn has been disciplined enough by not having texting for almost a month. I haven't decided on limited or unlimited texting, but I do know one thing - it's not about the decision I make, but about making the decision in love and in the best interest of God's child entrusted in my care. Yes, there is a bigger picture here!

My less than perfect son has many more mistakes to make and he won't be the only one learning from them. There is always a Life Lesson for LaVender in the making. While I raise my sons, God continues to mold, prune, and rearrange me.

IRMC - TYFYC - TTYL - LOL

Bookmark and Share