Monday Meditation - I've Been Punked!


I awoke Sunday morning feeling good and singing, In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, we have the victory! In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, Satan will have to flee.

I felt so good, I decided to prepare Sunday dinner, which is rare for me. Roasted potatoes sounded good, so I took out a bag of potatoes and looked for the potato peeler, but couldn't find it. I searched every possible place the peeler could be and shouldn't be. My great mood was slowly heading southbound and I felt Miss Flesh surfacing. I have minimum patience when it comes to looking for something - okay, no patience. I began silently accusing the boys and hubby for not placing the peeler where it belonged and before I knew it, my pleasant demeanor turned mean.

Time was passing by and no, I didn't want to use a knife; I wanted my peeler!

Hmmm...I thought of the television show, Punked and wondered if I was being punked. Is this a joke? Where in the world could the peeler be?

I finally realized what was happening and began to calm down. Earlier that morning, I very proudly told hubby how I could easily recognize the enemy's tactics. Ha! I didn't see him coming this time! He came in the form of a potato peeler that I could not find. I allowed the crafty, cunning snake in the grass (no pun intended) to steal my joy and peace. I was quickly humbled. It's crazy how I allowed something so small take up so much time and energy.

The enemy is just that - my enemy. He hates when I am in a place of peace and joy. He is out to kill, steal, and destroy everything - including my peace of mind and the peaceful environment of my home. Well, I showed him. I called on my Prince of Peace, began singing my song again, and my peace was slowly restored. We got dressed for church and I led the family in prayer before we left the house.

When we arrived back home from church, I began peeling my potatoes...with a knife...in peace.

In the name of Jesus, we have the victory!

Romans 16:20 (NKJV)

And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.


Bookmark and Share