Don't Give Up

Don't Give Up!

This morning while driving Firstborn to school, there was a man holding a huge red sign that said, Don't Give Up. I was already thinking of the number of homeless people in our area, so when I saw this sign, it brought a sense of comfort to me. The sign didn't change anything except my emotions, but I wondered how many people would drive by that sign that are going through rough times. I wonder if there was a mother out there at her wits end and with her last dollar that would see the sign. Would it help her?

Right now, I sit in my warm home, I'm healthy, happy, I'm behind on a few bills, but I have an income, my husband is healthy and working, our sons are healthy and happy, and if God is willing, tonight we will be reunited as a family to have dinner together and enjoy our warm cozy, happy home.
  • I don't want to be so comfortable that I forget the needs of others.
  • I don't want to be so unattached to the reality of life that I forget some mother doesn't have milk for her baby.
  • I don't want to be so focused on my own life and goals that I forget a mother is facing foreclosure today.
  • I don't want to be so blog happy that all I do is blog about my happy family and forget the many mothers in need - some who many read this post.

Just as the media has influence and power, so does the Internet, and so does blogging. Have you ever thought about how your blog can make a difference by what you share? An encouraging word, spiritual guidance, a special giveaway, or even a good laugh or smile can make a difference.

It's sad, but many bloggers have another life behind their blog. Most bloggers share the happy home side, while less than few share the reality of their life.

News Flash! EVERYONE has an issue - even you. Everyone is going through something, so as we continue to blog from day to day, remember someone may stop by your blog needing something only your blog can offer.

I may not be able to change the world, but I can make a difference in my little corner of the world and so can my little blog. Let's make a difference today and share this post with someone in Blogland.

And remember, whatever you may be going through...Don't Give Up! The only way you lose is if you give up.

Bookmark and Share