We Snap in Silence

Second-born – “Mama, do you need someone to go with you?”

Me – “Sweetie, Mama is trying to get away from you guys, but thank you!”

This was a short conversation I had with my thoughtful, compassionate second-born son before I left the house Friday night.

Friday was a full day ending an extremely demanding week, and I felt the walls closing in on me. Every room I went to had something that needed my attention - cleaning. The boys’ bedroom reminded me of a battle I lost, Hubby was out of town renewing his own mind, and my hormones were trying to get the best of me. I was hungry, so I went to the refrigerator. Lucky for me, I noticed it also needed cleaning, so I did what I needed to do.

I purchased a pizza for the boys and I left the house. I ended up at a local restaurant - alone. There weren't many people there and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing my own thoughts and myself chew. Ahhh…thank you, Jesus!

It’s amazing how something so simple can give a woman the energy and strength to go on. I simply needed a change in my environment and instead of taking it out on the boys or my husband for not being there for me, I needed to take care of myself; I needed to renew my mind and get back to my secret place of peace - God's perfect peace.

We (women) are notorious for pushing ourselves to the limit. We just keep going, and going, and going and before you know it, we’ve snapped.

Friday was my reminder to take a break. This simple act of loving myself carried me through the rest of the weekend – in peace.

I invite you to read more about taking care of our self and the shameful consequences of neglecting our self. Of course, this isn’t something you don’t already know, but I’m making it plain in a book God has allowed me to write titled, We Snap in Silence, which is now available.
In this book, I part the curtains to my own life and pray you will read with benefit.

Proverbs 3:17 (NKJV)
Her ways are ways of pleasantness, And all her paths are peace.


Bookmark and Share