Monday's Meditation on Tuesday

Visiting my parents takes me to another place - a place where I let my guards down. I'm in a completely relaxed, safe, loving, and fun environment. A few times, I even forgot I had children - they were upstairs playing with their cousins - out of sight and out of mind. Yep, I let my guards waaaay down.

I let my guards down so far that I even forgot about posting the MOMSWEB Monday Meditation! My goodness, to forget something so near and dear to me is almost unbelievable, but like I said, my relaxed state of mind took me to another place - away from familiar surroundings and my normal routine.

Of course, I took these low guards to another level and allowed a life lesson to surface. I realized what I experienced is similar to what children (especially teenagers) may go through when they enjoy something as simple as going to the movies, the mall, or just hanging out with friends. Their good time can lead to letting their guards down. These guards can be manners, morals, values, and even the memory of who they are and whose they are. Being comfortable and having fun, without being aware, can lead to unwise choices and forgetfulness of acceptable behavior.

It's almost like going on vacation and forgetting your exercise and healthy eating regime - it just happens!

This is a valuable lesson for me and a beneficial lesson to share with children. God knows how children can act when they are out of their parent's sight. We pray they don't embarrass us and that they remember what they've been taught. This is another reminder to continually teach them right from wrong and to start this teaching in their young years.

Well, now you know why Monday's meditation is being shared on this Tuesday. This is one Life Lesson for LaVender that I pray I will never forget.

Proverbs 22:6 (NKJV)

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Bookmark and Share