Idle Time

The cold weather made it difficult to get out of bed this morning. I sat in the middle of my bed wrapped in my warm covers and thanking God for another day. I began to think of all the things I had to do and my prayer of thanksgiving began to slowly turn to a prayer of request for His help. I needed God’s power to infuse me with activity before I decided to lie back down. Was it laziness or did I need more rest? Do I have to teach the boys today? Do I have to cook breakfast and dinner? Do I have to get dressed? Do I have to work? What happened to my prayer of thanksgiving? I wasn't sick, so I immediately jumped out of bed to combat my lazy thoughts. I asked God to order my steps and fill my thoughts with His thoughts. It’s so easy to be lazy. It’s even easier to think of excuses to be lazy. Needless to say, as soon as I began moving, my attitude changed. I realized how even a little idle time can invite redundant, worthless thoughts to occupy my mind and worthless thoughts lead to insignificant activity. As quickly as this year is passing by, who has time for insignificant activity? As a young girl, I remember my father telling me time is one thing I can lose and never get back. Whether we are inside our home or outside of our home working, the clock is ticking - time is passing by. Let's make the most of every minute of this day and do everything unto the Lord. Being lazy is not acceptable. My prayer of thanksgiving returned as I thanked God for my health, my strength, the use of my limbs, and another opportunity to use them to bring Him glory. Idle time is not welcome here!

Proverbs 31:27 (NKJV)
She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.