Walk In Love

My husband and I had a discussion last night about showing love to one another. We’ve been married fourteen years and some of our irritating ways and habits still bother each other. Why can’t we look beyond these simple things? Why do we feel the need to point these things out to each other? We played the flesh card, yet came to the conclusion that God would not ask us to walk in love if it wasn’t possible. Surely, our awesome God would not set us up to fail. I love my husband and want to experience the love God said we could have in our marriage – that love that conquers all. As the years we’re together increase, our tolerance, consideration, and respect for one another should also increase. Yes, our discussion was a good one, yet we didn't stop there. We challenged ourselves to be more conscious of showing Godly love to one another. We want to show the love we talk to our children about. A marriage looking beyond faults creates a home of harmony. Yes, sometimes we want to strangle each other, yet why give the enemy one minute to stir up mess in our marriage and cause division in our home? Being Christ-controlled is the answer – again. I chuckle as I think of a few of hubby’s irritating habits, yet allowing Christ to consume my mind and emotions with His Spirit will allow me to show the Godly love expected of me. Mothers, let's show our husbands and children the Godly love He has shown us!

Ephesians 5:2 (NKJV)


And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.