Because He Rose

I awoke Sunday morning feeling physically drained. Instead of springing out of bed as I usually do, I continued resting and watching the minutes on the clock go by. I needed to get up early and prepare breakfast and dinner for the day, yet instead I let my mind wonder and questioned why I had to wake up with the chickens while everyone else slept. I already knew the answer to my question, so before my personal pity party started, I focused on my only source of strength, energy, and power. “One more day, Lord. Help me get through one more day. Anoint me with an extra filling of your Holy Spirit and power.” I continued to lie in bed, yet the energy to put my feet on the floor finally came. “Thank you, Jesus.” My mind went from pity to praise as I meditated on the power of the holy resurrection. Because He rose, I rose! Because He has power, I have power! I began my morning and danced away in the kitchen as I prepared my meals and listened to my favorite gospel music. I even had energy to exercise my temple before church. Thank God for His resurrection power! As a wife and Mother, I need His power everyday! If your tank is running a little low this morning, plug into your power source and receive a refill of God’s power!

I Peter 1:3 (NIV)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead...