Manipulating Life

I sat looking at a blank screen this morning as I waited to hear what God would give me to share in this morning’s meditation. I have so much going on in my life, I could have easily picked something, yet I know to wait on God. I waited and waited. “Lord, are you there?” Anxiety began to creep as I thought of everything I could be doing, so instead of sitting and waiting, I started my day and the words began to come. Hubby and I were talking this morning about our family’s schedule. I’ve started working a few hours in the evenings, my husband is in school, the boys’ sports schedule is full as always, and church ministry doesn’t stop – thank God. Because we have so much going on, it’s imperative that we wait on God and allow him to order our steps. It may seem easier to sit and plan the day, yet from experience, it’s a whole lot easier to just begin the day and allow God to have His way. I have to remind myself that we aren’t the only four people that matter - there is a whole world out there sharing this day with us. Our day is already mapped out for us and the only plans that won’t change are God’s, so we might as well do it His way from the beginning. This is funny to me as I tried to give God the meditation this morning. I needed to get out of the way, so I could hear from Him. I call it manipulating life when I plan, schedule, and act without including God because He has a perfectly planned purpose for each day. Okay busy Mothers, let us not fret about what the day holds for us or the rest of the week. Let’s go with the flow and God will show the direction to go.

Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.