Walk the Talk

This weekend I witnessed a candlelight ceremony of six young girls, from my church, making a commitment of sexual purity including sexual abstinence until they enter a biblical marriage. To desire to make such a commitment in a world driven by sexual immorality is truly remarkable. Not only are these girls chosen by God to reach their generation and generations to come, they will challenge mature Christians to live a life of holiness. We can sure talk the talk, yet are we walking the walk? I assessed my own walk and the intensity of my light. Is my light vivid enough to attract and win souls for Christ? Is my light a magnet that draws believers and unbelievers? If I never spoke or typed another word, is my light visible? Is my light bright enough in my home for my children to know something is different about their mother? I challenge you to assess your walk as these six young girls have challenged me. As we all share daily devotions, scriptures, meditations, prophetic words, and other spiritual emails, let’s remember no word is more powerful than God’s Word and He told us when He would heal the land – when His own children turn from wicked ways! Are we set apart from the ways of the world or do we blend in with the world, which causes our light to dim? As I run to the throne of mercy and grace this day, I will ensure my walk is aligned with my talk. I thank God for these six girls who have been set apart to be bright lights and attract others in our church, the community, and the world!

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.