Stay Strong!

Motherhood can be stressful and here comes Christmas! I don't know why we turn this Holy Holiday into a crazed array of ribbons and bows. I believe it's because we get caught up in the chaos of traffic, shopping, commercials, and people in our ear and we feel we need to be a part of this. No we don't!! My husband keeps asking me when I'm going shopping and I say, "Shopping for what? Who needs a gift?" Yes, he looks at me like I'm crazy, yet that is how I feel. I don't plan on being one of those last minute shoppers, yet shopping just isn't a priority for me this year. Most of my gifts will be home made baked goods and the list is short. I'm trying my best and praying for discipline to remember what Christmas is all about. It's so easy to get caught up in the hype. We do all this running around trying to get things done and we're running all around Jesus and the holiday is supposed to be about Him! Anyway, slow down if you are getting stressed out, take a deep breath, and do ONLY what is necessary. Children don't need everything they ask for and they will be happy with what they receive. If they aren't happy - maybe they didn't deserve it anyway. Just one mother's opinion (smile).