Not Her!

Bookmark and Share


There has been a young lady on my mind for a while. I knew what I was supposed to do, but I chose to ignore the nudge to contact her. Why? Well, she’s one of my son’s ex-girlfriends, and I had no desire to contact her. One day, I received a Facebook friend request from her. I was surprised because she was always extremely quiet around me. To be honest, I didn’t think she cared much for me. 

Well, after being uneasy in my spirit from my disobedience, I finally broke down and sent her a message on Facebook. I asked her if I could take her out to dinner, and she graciously accepted. We haven’t agreed on a date yet, but the hard part is over – contacting her. I can’t explain how difficult it was for me. I was reminded of the scripture that says, “Lord, I will follow You, but…” Having sons, there will always be young women in my life. The Lord has shown me that a ministry doesn’t have to be birthed from a meeting and given a title. Ministry is birthed from Him and brought to fruition through obedience. I guess the Lord knew I wouldn’t freely approach this young lady, so he sent her to me through the friend request. 

I sure can’t say I love God then selfishly pick and choose who I spend time with. Sounds so halfhearted to say, I’ll share with young women, but not her! That sounds horrible, but it’s basically what I said in my heart. I’m happy I finally obeyed and contacted her. I don’t know what God has in store, but I’ll simply follow Him, and watch and pray. As difficult as this was for me, I’m sure she’ll be ministering to me as well. As Godly women, our life should be a ministry!