All My Children



    Many think I love being around children because of my passion for motherhood. Well, childcare and children’s ministry is not my forte. My passion is nurturing and raising my own children! I know, selfish huh? To be honest, I didn’t even want to have children, but thank God for knowing me better than I know myself. It’s also evident that God has a sense of humor because a strong desire to actively participate in Secondborn’s school is burning within me. Sigh…okay, Lord. You must have planted this seed while I was sleeping because I sure didn’t see it coming. 

Each time my home is full of young boys, I’m reminded my passion for mothering should extend beyond my two sons. Some of the boys visiting our home don’t have a father in their home, have parents that are always working to make ends meet, and some have parents of the same gender.  It truly takes a village to raise a child. When I visit Secondborn’s school, I’m also reminded that children can’t always be blamed for their behavior – some haven’t been taught. Instead of shaking my head and thanking God for my well behaved child, I need to share my passion of mothering with these children. How selfish of me to not share my love, time, and energy with all God’s children.  
                         
I have no idea in what capacity I’ll be helping Secondborn’s school, but I know I’ll need God’s compassion and patience because sometimes I get tired of my own children. I’m sure I have many life lessons ahead of me.  The first lesson being I have more than two children to nurture -  if they are in my presence, they are all my children.

Mark 10:16 (NIV)
And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.