A Bedside Lesson

While making my bed Saturday morning, several thoughts came to mind:
  • I’m not the only one sleeping in this bed!
  • They must think they live in a hotel!
  • I’m not a short order cook; eat a sandwich!
As I fluffed my pillows, I pictured Jesus carrying His cross and how weary he became. Someone had to step in and help carry His cross, yet the most challenging task of His life was followed through to the end – He was faithful to the call.

Sigh…Faithfulness is a journey of ups and downs and the downs are where my restoration awaits. The downs allow God to restore me as I process damaging thoughts of frustration. Being a wife and mother is my most challenging call, and although I do get weary sometimes; I will remain faithful.

God’s tender mercies upon me every day are everlasting. He has given me every resource I need to follow through to the end. Just as someone helped carry Jesus' cross, I must have help also. My flare up of frustration reminded me that I can do nothing without God’s power and I must call for His help every hour of the day. I must also remember to place God’s super on my natural in order to remain faithful to my call - daily.

Who would have thought this Life Lesson for LaVender would come while making my bed. My flare up of frustration restored my strength, energy, and power. God’s help wasn’t the only help I received. Hubby made the bed Sunday morning. Thank you Lord, and thank you hubby!

Psalm 117:2 (NLT)

For he loves us with unfailing love; the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the Lord!

Bookmark and Share