Don't Show Me, Tell Me!


This morning I awoke full of joy as I remembered a song I heard yesterday titled, Thank you, Jesus! I began praising God and thanking Him for His blood because His loss of blood resulted in the loss of His life, which gave me life.

In the midst of my praise, the Holy Spirit nudged me about something I tell my two sons all the time. The boys are wonderful about thanking me for cooking their meals, transporting them, and whatever else a mother is supposed to do. I remind them that actions speak louder than words. I’d love to see just how thankful they are by showing a little more initiative around the house.

The Lord told me the same thing I tell the boys - don’t just tell me, show me! Show me by having a joyful attitude and through obedience to my Word. Show me by preparing dinner without grumbling. Show me by loving your husband regardless of his actions. Show me by showing yourself friendly. Good grief, Lord…I’m trying to praise you and you offer a Life Lesson for LaVender.

I truly am thankful for the blood of Jesus because without the blood, I wouldn’t have my health, strength, or the energy and power to do all I do as a woman, wife, and mother. My thankfulness needs to show more action – just as I tell the boys.

Being a mother seems to be God’s way of pruning and grooming me as a woman of God. Every lesson I give the boys turns out to be a life lesson for me and although I thank God daily for His blood, I’m reminded that actions speak louder than words.

1 John 1:7 (NKJV)
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.



Bookmark and Share