GMC Club for Mothers



While waiting for Secondborn’s basketball game this weekend, I had to endure the game before his, which I was completely uninterested in, yet received a Life Lesson while watching. The team was short one player, so to make a complete team of five, the daughter of the coach had to play. The little girl said several times that she didn’t want to play, but had no choice. She put her uniform on and ran onto the court. She looked over at the bench where her coach was and yelled, “I don’t know what to do!” I laughed out loud, and couldn’t believe she had a smile on her face! The entire game, she smiled as she ran up and down the court purposely avoiding the ball. She was going with the flow and although her team lost, she was such a joy to watch!


I told her she was my hero because she did something she didn’t want to do with a joyful spirit and a beautiful smile. Wow. This little girl offered my Life Lesson for LaVender. I would have complained the whole time – with a frown. LOL!

Needless to say, after a fun-filled weekend of family fun, Monday morning is here with work to be done - work I really don't want to do.

How about you? Did you even feel like getting out of bed, going to work, or getting your children ready for school? Did you have a joyful heart or proudly show your membership card for the GMC Club (grumblers, mumblers, and complainers)? I can't get that little girl's smile out of my mind, so today I choose to be joyful!

To read more about complaining, I invite you to visit Faith, Love, Kids, and Me to read what Amber has to say about mothers that complain.

Philippians 2:14 (NIV)
Do everything without complaining or arguing


Bookmark and Share