A Season of Self Sufficiency

I don't remember the last time I saw the bottom of my laundry basket; it was probably when I purchased it. As I loaded the washing machine, I tried to focus on the blessing of having so many clothes and having the convenience of a washing machine. The smell of dirty socks and underwear tried to knock my focus off track, but thoughts of a new blogger buddy brought another level of gratefulness to my present season of Motherhood.

This new blogger buddy is in her twenties and is also a new mom. I thought about how consumed her day must be with a new baby. I remembered not being able to find time for myself because babies require ALL of your attention. Thank God for naps, bouncers (if they still exist), and other baby gadgets that occupy the baby long enough to use the bathroom.

There I was doing only hubby's laundry and mine because my sons have finally reached an age of being somewhat self sufficient. Yes, I have to occasionally remind them to bathe, brush their teeth and hair, and put deodorant on, but I don't have to do those things for them. I don't even have to cook if I don't want to. I don't have to keep my children occupied - I don't have to feed them - I don't have to change their underwear...thank you, Jesus!

Thank you new blogger buddy for reminding me of just how good I have it.

Although my days are busy, yours are busy on another level - I remember.

I get tired, but you are exhausted - I remember.

I can tell my boys to leave me alone, but you can't leave your baby alone - I remember.

If you're a mother enjoying a season of children being self sufficient, please visit my new blogger buddy and show her some love. Meet Mandy at Mommy Musings.

To ALL the mothers of young children...you are NOT forgotten. Take one day at a time - one hour at a time if you have to, and enjoy your journey!

Have a joyful weekend in Motherhood!