Monday Meditation - Don't Go There!

I awoke feeling pretty good this morning. I was a little tired, but thankful for my health and the little energy I did have. I asked hubby what he wanted for breakfast and proceeded to the kitchen to don my 'cook' hat. Hubby later joined me and sat down in the kitchen. I looked at him and was thankful he couldn't read my mind. My first thought was that if he had time to sit down he could cook his own breakfast. My second thought was wishing I had time to sit down and watch someone cook for me. Good grief! Where in the world did these thoughts come from?

I continued cooking and remembered these 'pop up' thoughts are a part of life and my thoughts will determine my actions. I remembered my battles begin in my mind, therefore, I must capture these unwelcome pop ups and replace them with good thoughts. It's just as easy to focus on the positive as it is to focus on the negative, but it's a process. I must train my brain to refocus immediately when pop ups occur.

Do I have to take ownership for these pop ups or can I blame them on hormones? Are these thoughts really mine or did Aunt Flo forget to pack them when she left?

Whatever the case, I thank God for Jesus and the power to not go there and stay there with my ugly thoughts. Where is THERE? There is the dark place in my mind that I battle. There is where I'm happy no one else can go - at least not with me. You have your own there. There is where the enemy wants to set up camp and reside. There is where I choose not to go today. Today is a new day! Today I have new opportunities, new chances, and a new outlook on life and my thoughts!

Have a Marvelous Monday in Motherhood and don't you dare go there!

II Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.