Monday Meditation - Snap Back

As much as I enjoyed my two relaxing days away from my husband and sons, it’s time to snap back into reality. I felt like I borrowed Dorothy’s red slippers as I sat on my sofa last night and said, “There’s no place like home.” I needed desperately to get away from my domain to renew my mind, and yes, I benefited greatly.

Although I enjoyed the break from my posse, I’m out of my element when I’m not doing what I was created to do – nurturing and maintaining my home. It’s very easy to get use to the relaxing and pampering, yet it’s also easy to become downright lazy! By the second day I felt spoiled, almost guilty, but knew I’d better enjoy myself while it lasted.

This morning, it was a little difficult to wake up after sleeping in and napping all weekend, but by the grace of God – I did it. I snapped right back into the normal order of my routine without missing a beat and it actually felt good - the benefits of taking a break are amazing. Would I rather be away relaxing? Hmmm...maybe, but I wouldn’t trade what I do for anything in the world. Although I appreciated my husband willingly stepping in while I was away, I know he was also out of his element. I know the boys needed a break from me also, but they looked forward to my return as well.

Mothers were created with a special uniqueness. We have a presence that completes the home – we’re the missing piece in the puzzle - we’re the glue that holds everything together - we're the 'go to' person that makes things happen. Most jobs can be learned with training, but no one can fill the shoes of a mother. Am I trying to prep you for this first Monday after Mother’s Day? Well, I may be trying to prep myself (smile).

Whatever you did this Mother's Day weekend, I pray you had a minute to renew your mind, and be reminded of the importance of your role and your need in the home. With that said, let’s put on our I Am Mother t-shirts and get busy doing what we do!

Have a Marvelous Monday in Motherhood!

Proverbs 31:27,28 (NKJV)

She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her...