A Season of Change

Fall is upon us, but the weather isn’t the only thing changing in my life. The mental retreat I’ve been enjoying is definitely renewing my mind, yet is also renewing my relationship with God and causing some changes in my life. I’m convinced; I’m right where God wants me – transforming. I have to admit, it’s a little scary because I’m out of my comfort zone in many areas of my life, but I’m allowing God to have His way with me. I don’t know where I’m going or who I’m becoming, but I’m going with the flow. My mental retreat has caused me to talk less and listen more, act more and react less, be more spiritual and less religious, and be more accepting and less judgmental. Just when I was cozy and comfortable in my life, the seasons changed. This season of change is altering my thoughts, my actions, my marriage, and even my relationship with my children. The ironic part of this change is how it started – needing and taking a break from the busyness of my life. When God calls us out to spend consecrated time with Him, a change will definitely occur. Being in a place to hear His voice offers clearer direction for our life. Just think; I would have missed this season had I not taken my mental retreat. I thank God for not allowing me to remain stagnant in my life, but to offer a season of change to bring to fruition, the woman, wife, and mother He created me to be. Do you feel a nudging to make a change or go a different direction in your life? Allow God to have His way with the seasons of change in your life.

Philippians 1:6...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.