Step Into The Unknown

Bookmark and Share

I’d like to talk about an election. Not the presidential election, but I have a friend who ran for property appraiser of his county four years ago and lost by 90 votes. He decided to run again in the recent election and asked if I would help and be in charge of his social media. I lived hours away in another county and never did any campaigning besides running for a high school student government office, but I agreed to assist. He didn’t have appraisal experience but is a strong community leader with the education and diverse skills needed to successfully manage any office. It took a lot of courage for my friend to run without experience and some perseverance to run a second time. 

It takes faith to step out of our comfort zone and into the unknown. When we follow God without a clue of where He is leading us, we invite new levels of influence, wisdom, endurance and so much more. Doubts can make us never try anything new and walk away from new opportunities, but when we trust and follow God, doors we never imagined are opened. Well, my friend won the seat of property appraiser by over 2, 000 votes. His first step is to now become a certified appraiser and be the best appraiser God created him to be. He stepped into the unknown and trusted God. What a testimony he has! 

I wasn’t running for office, but I also had to trust God with my lack of campaigning experience. The key for me was to remove any reliance on my limited, natural abilities and abide in God’s supernatural, omnipotent presence. Is there something new you’ve been wanting to explore? Is there something burning in your spirit that you’d like to pursue? Trust and follow God! Step out of your comfort zone and into the unknown!