WOOSAH!

Bookmark and Share

I took time to rest a little more than usual this weekend. Although I had a speaking engagement and basketball game to attend, I looked forward to being intimate with my sofa, blanket, and pillow whenever possible. There isn’t anything major going on in my life, but a lot of little things can make a major impact on the mind. I realized during my rest period, that although physically resting, my mind was still quite busy working - overtime.

 I had to concentrate and work hard to focus on the NOW and not Thanksgiving, Christmas, ACT testing, basketball games, bills, publishing, working out, my job, my sons, etc, etc… I’m sure you have a list of your own. My blood pressure has been a little high lately and I’m convinced it’s because of all the little things taking up major mental space in my mind. Let it go, laVender! Let it go! I can’t do a thing about any of it and worry only causes stress, and stress causes health issues, so let it go! Woosah….I live in the NOW not tomorrow or yesterday…Woosah! 

Yes, this is a process and it takes daily practice and prayer. I find myself having to redirect my thoughts and change my mental channel frequently. I shiver at the thought of how much time I’ve wasted living in the past and thinking about what was or could have been. Uuuugh…There I go again, thinking about the past. Help me, Lord! That’s the key, asking for help from the Helper. Lord, regulate my mind and control my untamed thoughts. A woman’s secret weapon is rest – rest in our body and mind and most importantly, rest in Him. Woosah!