I Lack for NO THING!

Bookmark and Share

The Lord is my shepherd I shall lack nothing. I have to repeat this in my head when I find myself focusing on what I lack. Lack of income, lack of gas, lack of clothes, lack of creativity, lack of companionship, lack of health, lack of time or lack of time alone. The lack of anything can sneak up and cause worry and doubt in the mind, which causes the focus to drift away from the Provider. If I can be real, the only thing we really lack, as children of God, is the ability to realize we don’t have to lack anything! We make a choice to be without because the Lord is our Shepherd and we shall lack for NO THING! 

No matter how impossible the situation appears or what we might need, God will always make a way. Hasn’t He always? He always delivers. He always provides! He is our supply and our supplier. Even when we place ourselves in a situation of lack by overspending or mismanaging our money, He still shows mercy and provides! If this isn’t enough to make you shout, I don’t know what will. We either believe in God or we don’t. 

Let’s not do like our children sometimes do. They’ll say they’re hungry, but the refrigerator is full of food. They’ll say they’re bored and they have every toy and electronic device possible. My mother used to say we were crying because we were hungry with a loaf of bread under our arm. Funny, but true! We serve a King and we are the King’s children – we shall lack for NO THING. 

Our Heavenly Father has everything we need and want.