Will the REAL Moms Please Stand Up!

Bookmark and Share

I spoke with a young mother this weekend, and asked her if she was enjoying motherhood. She hesitated, but replied that she loved her daughter. I thanked her for being honest, and told her motherhood isn’t always enjoyable. I told her it’s best to be real about how she felt instead of faking it, and the young mother began to cry. I gave her a hug and told her I understood because I had been there, done that, and have two t-shirts to prove it. Hmph…sometimes I go there now and I’ve been a mother for eighteen years. 

It’s so important for women to be real and unmask when we speak with other wives and mothers. How in the world are they supposed to see the power of God in our lives and give them hope if we always look and act like we have it all together?  It’s hard being a loving mother 24/7, and it’s okay to say that you sometimes get tired of your children. Saying it doesn’t remove an ounce of love we have for them! Will the REAL moms please stand up! 

If everyday in the motherHOOD was easy, we wouldn’t need God to comfort us. If we never cried, we wouldn’t need God to wipe away our tears. If we didn’t feel like we were burdened, we wouldn’t need God to cast our cares upon. Can I Be Real? A perfect mother does not exist. We all have struggles, meltdown moments, and some have crying spells. We just have to pray for strength and power to endure and take it one day at a time – one step at a time. We have to stay connected to our power source, and remember that He promised to never leave us. No, it’s not going to be alright, it’s already alright! 

Stay strong, hold on, and keep it REAL!