I'll Die Writing

 When my children went to public school after nine years of homeschooling, I thought I would miss them dearly, and I did. Then I thought about the empty house and how much time I had to do what I love doing more than anything - write. Home alone! I have all day to write! WoooooHooooo! I thought that would be the case, but I actually still cook and clean and play Mom's taxi after school hours. I fit writing in between loads of laundry and vacuuming floors. I cook my meals between paragraphs and answering emails. I pay bills with each comma placement. My laptop follows me from room to room. She's my running buddy!

 Can writing be an addiction? I guess too much of anything can become an addiction, huh? I know, without a doubt, I'll probably die sitting at my computer. I LOVE to write. Writing is my lifeline. Blank paper and a blank Word document are my best friends and awesome listeners. I could write all day. I literally have to make myself take breaks from the computer to keep from damaging my eyes, tips of my fingers, neck, back, wrists, and even my brain!

I get paid to write, so I can justify the many hours I spend tapping away at my keyboard. I'm not rich, but I'm not trying to get rich. I wrote for free for YEARS and my giving is finally paying off. I'm rich with words and thoughts to put into words! My brain overflows with thoughts begging to get on paper. I write in my sleep. I write in the shower. I write while I'm driving. I write, write, write. Did I mention how much I love to write? There isn't enough lifetime for me to get all my words in, but I'm trying! I have tons of tablets and memo pads with my thoughts written down.

Oops! Time almost got away from me...I need to get the boys up and get breakfast on the stove. They've  got to get to school, so I can finish writing! I'm SO THANKFUL this love for writing didn't surface when the boys were younger. I'd surely be in jail for child neglect - no doubt!

I stay WRITE READY!