Monday Meditation - Where's Your Concentration?

I’ve been working on a writing project for someone and I thought I was finished weeks ago; however, after reading over it, I noticed several things wrong with it, so I started over. This morning, I needed a spiritual word to dive into it again. I opened my devotional book and read, “Beware of any work for God that causes you to avoid concentrating on Him.”  I love it when I receive exactly what I need in my present situation.  I’ve always been careful to depend on God when I sit to write – always.  This particular writing project is one of the most demanding pieces I’ve ever worked on and because it’s not for me, I feel pressure to perform. My pressure has led to stress, which led to doubting my abilities, which took my concentration off God. It doesn’t take much to forget where our abilities come from! Even my day to day tasks should be done while concentrating on God, and I should definitely concentrate on God while fulfilling my roles as wife and mother! 

God can give me every word for my project just as He gives me the words for the Monday Meditations – every week. If I take myself out of the project, I can fully depend and lean on God, and allow Him to complete this project through me. Also in my morning devotion was, “Once our concentration is on God, all the limits of our life are free and under the control and mastery of God alone. There is no longer any responsibility on you for the work.” WOW! My pressure has turned to peace, and my doubt has turned to dependence - on Him. Whatever we’re working on right now - a case, file, client, event, book, or a load of laundry, let’s get the pressure off of us, concentrate on God, and watch how He works!