Get Up!

Hubby and I went for a two mile walk Saturday evening, yet Sunday evening I struggled getting off the sofa. I sat on my behind and watched two football games back to back. I could have exercised while watching the games, but instead, I sat, and sat, and sat. I was exercising in my mind, but my body wasn’t moving; it was stuck to the sofa. My mind was yelling at my body, Get up, LaVender! Get up!   

While I recovered from surgery, I experienced a serious craving for exercise. I couldn’t wait to get back on my feet. It’s one thing to not be able to exercise, but it’s another thing when you’re able and choose not to exercise.  Choosing not to care for my temple is like taking my health for granted. It’s way too easy to be complacent when it comes to exercise, but as soon as we’re diagnosed with some illness or disease, we’re aggressive in our prayers for healing and deliverance. I eventually got up and exercised and even danced a little (my favorite exercise).  I have to do my part. I have to love my temple enough to give it the rest, nutrition, and exercise it deserves. I have to show God how thankful I am for Him keeping me and sustaining my health. While the blood is flowing warm through my veins, I need to move something – anything. Whether I walk, jog, dance, stretch, take the steps, or have a strenuous aerobic exercise, I need to get up! 

With the chemical imbalances and horror of hormones women deal with, exercise should be a priority. Exercise not only helps our physical body, but our mental health benefits greatly! Exercise invites peace of mind, and we all know a woman, wife, and mother needs her peace of mind, so let’s get up! Get up!