Stir It Up!


   Mothers have more talent than we give ourselves credit for. We are able to creatively multi-task endless responsibilities, schedule logistics for several people going in different directions, manage diverse and sometimes difficult personalities, juggle planned and unplanned occasions, prepare meals to satisfy picky taste buds, create a safe and loving environment for all ages, and play peacemaker and judge at the same time while attempting to keep everyone happy. Isn’t it funny how we naturally do these things daily, but sometimes become clueless when it comes to showcasing our personal talent or gift? Some of us don’t even know what our talents or gifts are and if we do, we are hesitant to use them or come up with creative excuses to not use them.

These talents sit on the back burner waiting to be stirred up and served, but the only thing some of us feel comfortable serving is dinner. I thought about this while watching a documentary on rap artists. Rappers are making millions of dollars by simply expressing themselves and most of their expressions aren’t even understood! They fearlessly exhibit their talent whether anyone else thinks it’s a talent or not. I told hubby I was going to become Rappin’ Mama and asked Firstborn to help me with the music. If they can do it, so can I, right? Wrong! I don’t have their gift, but I do have my own and I need to fearlessly exhibit what God has placed in me. The key word is fearless. What’s stopping me from boldly using my gifts just as I boldly manage my home? What about you? Are you fearlessly using your gifts and talents as you do at home or on your job? It’s definitely something to think about. Let's stir it up!


2 Timothy 1:6 (NKJV)

Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you…

Bookmark and Share