My Special Delivery


I’ve been pushed to the edge, my brain needs batteries, my energy is exhausted, and I have nothing else to give. I know when it’s time to getaway, however, I don’t have the money or the time to take a trip, but yesterday I received a special delivery.

We always celebrate Christmas with my family in Alabama, but this year we won’t be able to make the trip until Christmas Day. Instead of depriving the boys of pre-holiday festivities, hubby and I dropped the boys off in Alabama yesterday. My parents’ home looks like Winter Wonderland with a big beautiful tree, lights, and decorations throughout the house. The only light shining in my home is the kitchen light.

I’m so happy the Lord has allowed me to experience a mother’s love – I love my baby boys and always want them with me, but leaving them with my parents yesterday invited a much needed sigh of relief. This week there is no Mom’s Taxi, no teacher conferences or emails, no homeschooling, no…no children!

Hubby and I need some renewal time also. It’s easy to get lost in the mother/father roles and date nights get lost too! This time alone will remind us we were a couple before we had children.
Should I hide the remote control?

I’ve been praying for some relief, and although these few, short days may not be the physical getaway I thought I needed, the mental getaway is a special delivery of renewal and peace! I thank God for this special Christmas gift, which is also a time to focus on THE GIFT – the gift of the Prince of Peace.

Mothers often forget one of the most powerful weapons is our peace of mind and the perfect peace promised to us by God. We allow the busyness of life to steal our peace that was delivered many years ago. Have you accepted your gift?

The Prince of Peace is making special deliveries of peace, joy, love, forgiveness, faith, comfort, and much more! Call on Him to schedule your special delivery!

Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


Bookmark and Share