Ho, Ho, Noooo!

It's only the first week of December and I'm already exhausted with the Christmas hype. Sigh...

Do I have to do this again this year? Who am I asking?

I'm still basking in the goodness of the Thanksgiving holiday and already my one box of Christmas decorations is begging to come inside from the cold storage house in the backyard.

We're in a recession right? Where is everyone getting the money from to light the OUTSIDE of the house up? Do they still sell the single candlesticks that sit in the window?

Presents? Yeah right...good thing I can bake!

Firstborn says, "All I want is a digital camera." Did he forget we just paid $205 for him to run up and down the basketball court at school? Can you say AFTER CHRISTMAS SALE?

I'm really not a scrooge...well, maybe a little bit.

I'm actually laughing as I type this because I go through this every year and I'm soooo thankful I celebrate the birth of Jesus everyday, so the hype is just that...hype that I don't have to participate in.

Yep, this year I think I'll watch. Wow! I feel better already!

If you really, really, really want to decorate for Christmas, you gotta read Deck the Halls.

Bookmark and Share