Monday Meditation - Up With The Chickens

I look forward to sleeping in on the weekends, however, this weekend was so unbelievably packed, I had to awake early to begin my day the right way- plugging into my true power source. I take no credit for waking with the chickens this weekend because if it were my choice, I’d sleep in and ask not to be bothered. I would have loved to spend a few extra moments sleeping, but sleep can’t offer what intimacy with my Creator offers.

Yes, I pray while cooking, driving, and while in my constant movement, but it doesn’t compare to prayer and meditation in solitude. It’s selfish to ask for God’s help during my busyness and not spend time with Him. As I type this, I think about how I desire quality time with my husband and God stands by longing for some of that same quality time from me. Also, just as our loved ones want our undivided attention, so does our Heavenly Father. Hmmm…I don’t want to be the pot calling the kettle black.

A mother’s days are eventful even without extracurricular activity, so to add more hustle and bustle can become quite hectic. I need all the help I can get, so it’s crazy for me not to wake early and spend time getting fueled with supernatural strength, power, and energy. My chances of finding quality quiet time in the middle of the day are slim to none.

Just because I spent time in prayer and meditation, did I have a perfect weekend? Absolutely not! Did everything go as planned? Of course not, and neither will everything go as planned in this upcoming week. Regardless of what happens today or any day, I know waking early and spending those precious moments plugging into my power source will give me peace to endure what the days ahead have in store for my family and me.

Have a marvelous meditation-filled Monday in Motherhood!

Proverbs 31:15 (NIV)
She gets up while it is still dark...


Bookmark and Share