No Time For Pain

It's a shame, but mothers have little to no time to be sick because we're busy taking care of everyone else. At one o'clock this morning (yes, the a.m.) I had to take hubby to the hospital. He jumped up out of bed saying his eyes were hurting and that he couldn't see. We found out he has Conjunctivitis, also known as Pink Eye. He has a severe case of it in both eyes.

As soon as we returned home, I went through the house with Lysol, Clorox, and Pine Sol. I thoroughly cleaned the bathrooms, door knobs, handles, and even woke the boys up out of their deep sleep to wash their hands. I think the prevention steps were more for me than anyone. I don't mind taking care of the family, but I don't have time to be sick and I sure don't have time for Pink Eye!

As I cleaned, I thought about women having babies and being expected to immediately go home and take care of her baby while she recuperates. Many cultures have other family members take care of the baby while the mother's strength is restored.

We are also expected to bleed several days each month without being admitted into the hospital. We better get a pad or a plug and possibly a pain pill and carry on as usual - I AM WOMAN! Who has time to be sick?

I may be making light of this, but the strength God gave a woman goes beyond my understanding. We don't even tap into our full abilities because we won't allow God to have His way with us.

Well, with that said, I must wash my hands, don my nurse maid hat, and prepare to nurse my dear hubby back to health. For those of you who have ever had a sick husband...do I need to say more? Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy...Oops...that's another post for another day.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday in Motherhood!



Bookmark and Share