What's Your Position?

In the middle of my son’s practice baseball game last week, the coach switched pitchers and my eleven-year-old son was moved from his comfortable second base position to the pitcher’s mound. I have never seen him pitch nor did I think he could. I was so nervous I considered watching the remaining of the game from the car. One of the mothers said, "Have a little faith, Mama!" My reply was, "Mama is being real, and he’s never pitched before!" My son didn’t show an ounce of pressure and to my surprise, he was throwing strikes! Whew! I could relax and enjoy the remaining of the game, I quickly became a proud Mama and wished I had been more confident in the coach's decision.

Just as a coach strategically positions his players, God also strategically positions us in this big world. He has a plan for our life. We're not called to fill every position, participate in every ministry, prayer chain, woman’s group, or volunteer each time a need arises. We must serve in the position(s) chosen by our Creator and trust He knows where we will best assist the team. Sometimes when my plate is running over, it’s not because I’m so important, yet I’m out of position! My primary position is in the home God has placed me in to be a Godly wife and mother - all other positions are secondary. God has a plan for our children also. We have dreams and goals for them, yet our job is not to plan their life, but to place them in position (aligned with the Word of God) and allow God to have his way in their life. Yes, God knows what is best for us and His plan is the best plan.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."