Holiday Hype Step II - Organize

I was at a friend's home recently and she showed me all the Christmas containers and boxes she had in her garage. There were a total of 20. Yes, I counted because I couldn't believe it! None of them were labeled and I begin to cringe at the thought of going through my few unlabeled boxes to see just what I had. I never remember from one Christmas to the next what I have and opening boxes is...just like Christmas!! My next step is to organize all my holiday decorations (Thanksgiving and Christmas), and label any boxes that aren't labeled and throw out any broken or unwanted items. Are you already organized? That's GREAT!! I will be NEXT year (smile). Knowing exactly what I have will prevent me from spending money as the stores are already directing my attention to beautiful trees and decorations. I won't fall for it this year. I'll have to be disciplined enough to separate my wants from my needs. Seeing all the beautiful, colorful decorations puts us in the spirit to spend! It's a trap!! I'll go shopping in my own boxes and get excited about what I already have, then maybe I'll purchase a few items in my own time - not impulse. This step should be completed within the next couple of weeks - AUUGH!! It's either now or later and later means STRESS! Stay tuned for Step III, which is a lot of fun!