I Don't See You!

I spent time with my mother over the weekend, and one particular morning, I started speaking to her before I was in her presence. She tried to follow my voice, and said, “I hear you, but I don’t see you.” I replied, “This is God.” We laughed and talked about how we can’t see God, yet we feel Him, hear Him, depend on Him, follow Him, and even trust Him. It’s those moments of going through troubled times that we doubt His presence. I’ve been through enough in my life to know God is present regardless of how turbulent my storm is, or how I’m feeling.  

My flesh lies to me and makes me doubt God’s presence, so I have to be careful not to allow my wavering emotions to consume me and become strongholds. Those strongholds pull me away from what I know in the depths of my soul – that my God is real and He promised to never leave me. One of my favorite verses is John 15:4 - Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. When I am fully aware of God’s Spirit in me, my days are better. When I’m consciously aware of His presence throughout my day, my joy is full. It’s those days when I’m into my Self that I have issues with my thoughts and actions – yucky days. 

Abiding with God minute by minute makes a huge difference, and it begins with a simple thought of His presence – it’s that easy. Mothers wear many hats and it’s easy to feel frustrated and agitated, but remembering God’s presence, His perfect plan and timing makes our many loads lighter. We may not see Him or hear Him, but He’s always there! Have a marvelous Monday abiding in Him.