Masterminds

It’s been three weeks since I joined my Mastermind Group for Authors, and I’ve already noticed a difference in my writing productivity. I joined because I wanted to be around people who were as serious about writing as I was. I needed to be surrounded by others who would hold me accountable for writing because I wasn’t being disciplined enough on my own. I’m not afraid to acknowledge my weaknesses, and I know the strength in others helps me stay on track. Not only is there a mastermind group for writers, but there can be one for whatever your craft is – business owner, gardener, exercising, etc…

Being around like-minded writers pulls me, stretches me, pushes me, and challenges me to write beyond my comfort zone. Boy, oh boy, that comfort zone is a dangerous place! Life goes by too fast to waste time, and I definitely don’t want to spend my life around those who are comfortable just being comfortable. I want to be everything I was created to be. I don’t want to die with books in me or with visions that never come to fruition. Even on my spiritual journey, I want to be around those who are sold out and not comfortable living a luke-warm life. Boy, or boy, that luke-warm life is a dangerous place!

The clock is ticking, and the minutes are flying by…what are you doing with your talents, gifts, ideas, and visions? Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who will pull you, push you, stretch you, and challenge you to live beyond yourself. Rub elbows with those who are where you want to be. Live your life to the fullest and spend time with those who understand the value of thriving in life and not just surviving.

If you can’t find a mastermind group, be a mastermind; and I guarantee others will find you!